In a time when many people are looking for ways to make a smaller carbon footprint, it is important to realize that there are many new material developments that allow people to reach these goals. From metal mesh walls to woven mesh fabrics, there are a number of products that are making their way into both commercial and residential designs. Stainless steel mesh is just one example of a material that is being creatively used in many spaces. Both as an aseptically pleasing visual and a functional way to divide a space, these stainless steel mesh fabrics ca be used as dividers, decor, and directional guidelines.
Decorative stainless steel mesh is used in a number of settings, including elevator cab interiors and other permanent surfaces. Serving as a barrier and a protector for the inside walls of an elevator, these petitions can eliminate the risk of graffiti and scratches on an elevator interior wall that will be in place much longer than any other walled surface in a building.
Stainless Steel Mesh Plays an Important Design Role in Many Commercial and Residential Spaces
When was the last time you had to redesign a space or think of a way to repurpose the space that you are currently using? While there was a time when the use of metal mesh and stainless steel partitions may have only been used in commercial spaces, today this is not the case. In fact, with the latest recycled materials, there are a growing number of designers who are installing easy to care for woven mesh fabrics. The fact that these materials are made from recycled content, and that they will be recycled again when they are no longer in use, makes this kind of material a popular option.
Consider some of these trends in making sure that a work or living space can serve a VARIETY of purposes:
- Various offices around the country have to serve as locations for interviews, production, and group meetings. With the use of the right kind of partitions and dividers, many people are able to create the kind of space that is perfectly suited for them.
- An area that used in the morning for a large staff meeting sometimes needs to be transformed into individual work spaces later in the day. Fortunately, there are many kinds of industrial stainless steel divers that can be easily rolled into place or repositioned.
- Research continues to show that open work spaces lead to collaboration. Facilitating a way for workers to interact and problem solve is key to the success of many companies.
- Instead of creating permanent and traditional walls, there are some major advantages to using metal mesh walls in many spaces. Allowing for the free flow of air is just one of these advantages.
- Even the most decorative mesh screens can still serve very functional roles in many offices and homes.
- Today’s consumers want to purchase and install products that are both functional and good for the environment. For this reason, there are many times when a metal mesh wall is the perfect solution.
- You likely are used to repurposing many of the spaces in your office and home to meet the needs of any given day. Partial dividers and walls enable a space to be transformed in many ways.
As one of its major advantages, stainless steel used in metal fabrics contains more than 60% post-industrial and post-consumer content recycled material. This is a comfort to many individuals and companies who are trying to limit their carbon footprint. As industrial items like woven mesh fabrics continue to grow in popularity, it is important to realize that recycled content will also expand in its application.
Welded wire mesh and woven wire mesh are the to main kinds of partition and fabric mesh that are available. Depending on the weave of these materials, a 50% open area allows for both optimum airflow and high visibility. When these materials are installed in warehouses or offices they can effectively allow for a visual break in a space, while still allowing for proper ventilation and fresh air flow. The materials and cable of metal fabrics are typically 60% recycled materials and 40% new materials, a very good ratio.