When your business has a higher ranking at the top of a page of Google search results, you can expect to get a little more traffic on your website. When you get more traffic, you’ll start to see more conversions. And with more conversions, eventually you’ll start having higher sales and a more successful business overall.
So the question remains, how exactly can you make sure that your business is getting to the top of that search results page? It all boils down to a digital marketing strategy called search engine optimization. Here are a few things you should know about SEO in order to give your business the best shot at reaching the top:
- A good web design is key, and this applies to both traditional web design and development and mobile web design. Getting a good webpage built and keeping it up-to-date is the best (and easiest) way to show Google that your business is relevant.
- When you start incorporating SEO into your digital marketing strategies, make sure you regularly check where your website is landing on keyword searches. This will help you narrow down things that may help or hurt your ranking, and it will give you a good idea of what your competitors are doing.
- Although it’s essential to include pertinent keywords into your content, remember that it will look suspicious if you have too many keywords. A good way to measure when your content starts to look spammy is to use a keyword density tool before posting any content.
- Written content is definitely important, but other multi-media content is just as important! Not only will these provide more linking opportunities, but people are more likely to share these pages of content on social media.
- Not only do you want to create pages with links from other reputable websites, but you’ll also want to promote your website as a trusted source that other people can link back to, and you’ll want to take advantage of your own website and make links within your own pages. This takes some time and it doesn’t always produce immediate results, but it has a big impact on a ranking over the long run.
Slo now we’re asking you for some help! If you’ve worked on a search engine optimization campaign before, what tips would you give to someone who’s just starting out?