When you think about your search engine optimization strategies, you need to consider a few things. Before you hire a search marketing company, keep in mind the following facts:
- At least 93% of all iexperiences with the internet start with a search engine search.
- For the search engine market, Google is still king. It owns between 65% and 75% of the market share in this area.
- You want more organic placement. Many people, an estimated 70% to 80% of internet users say they ignore the paid ads all together.
When you are looking to work with a search marketing company firm or a search marketing firm, you know, going in that your strategy can do a lot to help push your product or services but no one can guarantee any level of results. You have to work on your digital marketing campaign and constantly tweak it to get the most bang for your buck. Here are some tips and tricks.
- Use more video. Many people balk at the thought of creating and promoting videos. They do not really understand the real value of a video that looks professional. Many people often assume that it will take a lot of time and money to put together a decent video that can drive traffic to a site and get more sales for the company. The good news is that a great video does not need expensive equipment or professional director and actors. It has been said that a “photo is worth a thousand words.” Well, if that is true, a video is worth a thousand pictures. More and more companies are finding success with a simple and well done video.
- Take advantage of all of your social media channels. It is true that not all social media channels are equal but all that really means is you are reaching different audiences. When you use Facebook, you are getting more personal responses, though some use it for their business. Likewise, many people use LinkedIn for their professional contacts but some keep in touch with friends and family. The bottom line is that you cannot reach out to too many people when you want to get more people to look at your site and more customers to buy your goods or services. One main thing you have to remember with social media campaign is that the main thing is to use it a lot. Your search marketing company should work with your so you better understand the process..
- Spend some time on your keywords. You may want to look at what your partners and competitors are doing with their keywords. No search engine optimization (SEO) plan can succeed without looking at the key words you want to use. There are also a number of tools you can use to see what keywords or phrases are bringing the most to your site and what is not really working for you and your company.
- If you have a local business, you need to use local keywords. When people are out and about looking for a place for coffee, a meal or for gas, more and more they click on the “near me.” function. If you run a business that caters to local people, you need to incorporate that into your plan to get those customers.
- Make sure your site looks great and loads quickly on mobile devices. Several years ago, the number of people looking at the web from a mobile device started exceeding the number who use a computer. If your site does not look as good on a phone or on a tablet, you need to work on that. By the same token, you have to make sure your site loads in seconds. It comes as a surprise to many when they learn how little time a web user will wait for a page to load. Most only wait a few seconds before they give up ad go elsewhere.
When businesses start working with a search marketing company, a lot of the process seems foreign. The more they will work with you to help you understand it, the better.