full screen background image
Search
Thursday 25 May 2017
  • :
  • :

Is Your Church Getting Ready to Upgrade Its Audio and Video Equipment?

Benefits of working with an audio video consultant

We are a society that likes to be both informed and entertained. And when it comes to entertainment, many Americans are quite discerning about their audio video technologies. From in home entertainment rooms to audio equipment for their cars, many Americans are willing to pay a pretty penny for their gadgets. Did you know, for instance, that of households with an income of $100,000 or more, 2.5% spent $500 to $999 on home theater systems in the year 2015.
And while it may seem that individual home owners are particular about the audio video technologies that they purchase, the commercial industry is far and above more selective in the equipment that they purchase. From sound systems in commercial settings like large malls to performance equipment for some of the largest churches, the kind of
audio video system design services that are installed can often have a direct impact on how a message is delivered. From comforting music that encourages shoppers to take their time as they walks through a store to sound systems used by praise bands at weekly church services, the quality of sound can make a difference.
Although our parents may have grown up in church services that were rather subdued and included simple hymns be lead by a small church organ or piano, that is not the case in some of the largest churches in the nation. In fact the audio video technologies that are found in many churches today rival the equipment that is found on some concert stages. Knowing that their congregation members are consumers as well, many churches of all sizes have found a reason to upgrade their audio video technologies to keep up with the times.
consider some of these other statistics as a way to reenforce the need for quality audio and visual equipment:

  • Quick decisions often influence both consumers and congregation members. It should come as no surprise that the sound and light systems of both churches and shopping centers can either attract or distract their visitors.
  • Unless you have a quality sound and video system you will not be able to compete in today’s entertainment market.
  • AV material presentations need to made with time limits in mind. Even with the best sound system, most presenters follow the rule that 10 to 15 slides are adequate for short 15 minute presentations.
  • Learning is the most effective when it occurs through the senses. In fact, educational research studies suggest that approximately 83% of human learning occurs visually, and the remaining 17% through the other four senses: 11% through hearing; 3.5% through smell; 1% through taste; and 1.5% through touch.
  • In the year 2014, 77% of the population saw at least one movie in a theater.
  • The American audio and sound equipment industry is very profitable. In fact, the market value of consumer electronics in the U.S. was estimated to pass the $120 billion mark for the first time in the year 2016.
  • You likely have been the victim of a presentation that had either sound or video performance quality issues.



  • Studies show that three days after an event, people retain only 10% of what they heard from an oral presentation and only 35% from a visual presentation, but they retain 65% from a combined visual and oral presentation.
  • Overall, consumers indicate 19% of their total viewing hours over the past week were spent on digital content. This included 10% of spending on subscription streaming movies; 4% on TV and movies purchased digitally, 4% on TV on cable video on demand (VOD; ordering on-demand or Pay Per View through a cable or satellite provider with a one-time fee; and 1% on movies rented digitally online for a one-time fee.
  • Until your place of business or your church take the effort and spend the money to upgrade audio and visual technologies you will not be able to compete with other places of businesses and worship.
  • Never before have people bought so many headphones. In fact, the number of headphones and headsets sold worldwide increased from 236 million in 2013 to an estimate of 334 million in 2016.
  • During a survey, 71% of consumers claim a great deal of interest in watching a newly released movie in their homes.



Leave a Reply